Friday, July 06, 2012

N.B.T. -- Happy Weekend--

In an attempt to blog more here is some more insight into why my blog is titled Nothin' but Trouble...


So you know the long granny-ish broom stick skirts from the 90's?? Ya, well I own one. And I wear it in public.  However, in my own defense it is neon: orange, green, red purple and (not neon) brown.  It is floor length and comfortable.  But here lies the problem.  FLOOR LENGTH.  I wore it to a meeting I had to go to and while I was trying to retrieve some documents from a laptop someone rolled a chair over my skirt and I stood up.  RIP.   No biggee however as I know how to work a needle and thread.

Let me set the seen for the next mishap.  It's a balmy 92 degrees in small-town New Mexico, which feels AMAZING since it has been in the triple digits for the last 2 or 3 weeks.  There is a slight breeze and I am feeling quite cool (I mean temperature wise) in my neon greenpurpleorangered, floor length broomstick skirt.  I decide to run by the local disreputable gas station to pick up a movie at the Redbox.  It's fairly deserted by disreputable gas station standards, but I suppose that is because it is before 5pm and everyone is still at 'work.'  There is a couple of people milling around outside smoking cigarettes, but that's nothing me and my broomstick skirt can't handle! I pull up and hop out shaking my skirt a little to make sure I have all my ends covered.  I start to walk away and slam my car door at the same time.  What I failed to do was compensate for 1)the breeze, 2)my obnoxiously long broomstick skirt, and 3) my not long enough stride.  You know when dogs are chained up and don't realize it? And they run to and hit the end of their chain and sail ass over end? Well that may have been preferable to the elastic in my broomstick skirt giving way and allowing my ass to pop out so inconveniently for all to see. So, whoever got to see the free peep show today.. You. Are. Welcome.

So there you have it... that's one of the million reasons that people say the Sissy's and I get into 'nothin' but trouble.'

Happy Weekend All!!
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment